Whale is on a growth trajectory and eager to welcome new members to our pod!
As a Ghent-based SaaS company hailing from Belgium, we're dedicated to becoming the fastest way to get teams aligned.
However, our focus isn't solely on ourselves. Let's begin by explaining how becoming a Senior React Developer at Whale can enhance your professional life:
Becoming a pod member means you can count on:
- Unlimited paid leave
- A full health coverage plan via Alan
- An Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- All the tech tools you need
- Free soup on Wednesdays
- A healthy working environment with flexible working hours and hybrid remote work
- A caring team who's there every step of the way
You'll fit right in if you:
- Have proven experience (+5 yrs) developing complex web applications
- Chose React.js as your go-to framework for front-end development
- Have thorough experience with different state management libraries such as Redux
- Love to coach junior team members and help them improve their craft
- Are proficient using Git Version Control
- Are passionate about implementing TypeScript in an existing codebase
- Are passionate about responsive and atomic design and have knowledge about design systems
- Are experienced scaling front-end architectures
- Have attention for detail and design
- Are fluent in Dutch and English
- Are humbly ambitious
- Like cats & dogs
You get bonus points if you:
- Have experience with unit testing and end-to-end testing
- Know how to configure and manage Docker instances
- Are enthusiastic about CI/CD automation
- Have React-Native experience
- Have experience developing Google Chrome extensions
Don’t worry if you don’t have all the skills mentioned above, you will learn. We’re looking for attitude and ability, not just proven skills.
What you'll be doing:
Together with the product team it is your task to turn product requirements and UI designs into high-quality features. You'll help develop, test and debug our different applications while further growing our codebase in a maintainable way.
The mission you'll join:
Whale is on a mission to becoming the fastest way to get teams aligned. Offering an incredibly easy to use piece of software, Whale is basically the organization's brain: it stores its procedures and helps employees to learn them.
At Whale we celebrate diversity! We're proudly committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, color, disability, or place of origin. We take care of each other and are grateful for each person's individual contribution to our mission!