Whale is on a growth trajectory and eager to welcome new members to our pod!
As a Ghent-based SaaS company hailing from Belgium, we're dedicated to becoming the fastest way to get teams aligned.
However, our focus isn't solely on ourselves. Let's begin by explaining how becoming a Medior Python Backend Developer at Whale can enhance your professional life:
Becoming a pod member means you can count on:
- Unlimited paid leave
- A full health coverage plan via Alan
- An Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- All the tech tools you need
- Free soup on Wednesdays
- A healthy working environment with flexible working hours and hybrid remote work
- A caring team who's there every step of the way
You'll fit right in if you:
- Have a solid knowledge of Python and relevant Python frameworks such as Django
- Have a thorough understanding of REST principles
- Have experience integrating 3rd party code and API's
- Have experience using Docker/Kubernetes/Ingres
- Have experience with Postgres or comparable relational databases
- Have experience with load testing and performance monitoring
- You at least have a basic understanding of Linux in a server environment
- Are a Git wizard
- Are fluent in Dutch and English
- Are humbly ambitious
- Like cats & dogs
You get bonus points if you:
- Have an understanding of basic DevOps principles
- Have experience in maintaining and deploying production environments
- Have experience with Continuous Integration and Deployments
- Have Google Cloud experience
- Have experience in scaling Python infrastructure
- Have experience with unit testing/e2e testing
- Have a SaaS background
Don’t worry if you don’t have all the skills mentioned above, you will learn. We’re looking for attitude and ability, not just proven skills.
What you'll be doing:
In close collaboration with the front-end development team it is your task to develop and maintain new features in an existing Python/Django codebase. Next to improving and refactoring existing code you will also help identify, escalate and resolve any technical issues and problems that might occur.
The mission you'll join:
Whale is on a mission to becoming the fastest way to get teams aligned. Offering an incredibly easy to use piece of software, Whale is basically the organization's brain: it stores its procedures and helps employees to learn them.
At Whale we celebrate diversity! We're proudly committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, color, disability, or place of origin. We take care of each other and are grateful for each person's individual contribution to our mission!